MORE WATER CONSERVATION TIPS!
1. Take shorter showers-five minutes or less is best!
2. Get an energy star labeled washing machine.
3. Use a low flow showerheads.
4. Mulch around plants to hold water in the soil.
5. Put faucet aerators on sink faucets to reduce volume of water flowing from the faucet.
6. Use a broom not a hose to clean driveways and walkways.
7. Install new toilets that use less than 1.6 gallons per flush.
8. Use a shutoff nozzle on your hose.
9. Water your yard and outdoor plants early or late in the day to reduce evaporation.
10. Turn off the water while soaping hands and brushing teeth (much better, use a glass).
11. Turn off sink faucet while scrubbing dishes and pots.
12. Use plants that require less water.
A friendly reminder from ACWD Family!